Bacon and Okra Rice
photo by Tread
- Ready In:
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 lb okra
- 1 cup rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Slice your okra if you have to. Frozen sliced okra works in a most awsome way.
- Dice your bacon and brown it on medium heat.
- add okra, rice,and basil and stir to coat with oil.
- Add stock, hot sauce (I prefer Sriracha, the wife's a crystal fan), and salt and bring to a boil.
- Cover and let cook on low for 20 minute or so.
- When rice is done let it set for 5 min uncovered then fluff and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I dig food.