Ayam Panggang (Honey Roasted Malay Style Chicken)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 8 chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon dried coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon light soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Rinse chicken pieces (or fillet) and pat dry with kitchen towel. If using chicken pieces, slit on sides for easier cooking.
- Mix ginger, soy sauce, honey, oil and salt in small bowl. Pour this over chicken together with spices and marinate for at least an hour.
- Grill chicken under preheated grill or roast in oven set at 190C for 30 min, turning chicken over halfway through the cooking time.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Hello, Recipe Swap buddy! This recipe was simple and tasted great. I enjoy the flavor and aroma of coriander but rarely cook with it, so this recipe has inspired me to experiment more with the spice. The recipe calls for 8 chicken "pieces", but I used two boneless/skinless chicken "breasts". I served the chicken sliced over fried rice with fresh corn on the cob. Thanks for a wonderfully flavorful recipe!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Born and bred in Singapore but currently living and working in Shanghai. Loves travelling and cooking, especially if its for the ones i love! Truth be told, there are few I enjoy cooking for as much as my partner who never cease to shower me with compliments with whatever I lay on the table! The sweetest man whose best dish thus far is his self-concorted mango prawn salad he's absolutely proud of, except he's not telling! <br /> <br />Really glad I came across this webbie by chance! Used to love tearing random recipes off magazines, and has recently took up experimenting recipes myself, so this is a great place for me to compile and store my dog-earred, gravy-stained recipes! It is a happy find considering one of my favourite pastime includes browsing and drooling over cookbooks at bookstores! I love that everyone's sharing here and kudos to other contributors who are definitely making me look like a real chef!</p>