- Ready In:
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 slices avocados, tossed with a little
- lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 slices tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and cut in half (optional)
- Preheat the broiler.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with mayonnaise.
- On one slice lay the 6 slices of avocado, mushroom slices, tomato slices,bacon slices if using, mozzarella cheese and the sunflower seeds.
- Put the layered avocado half of the sandwich 4-6 inches from the heat and cook until the cheese is melted and the sunflower seeds are lightly toasted. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
- Cut sandwich in half to serve if desired.
Join The Conversation