Authentic Teriyaki Sauce
photo by Air Force Mama
- Ready In:
- 5 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (make sure you use the unseasoned kind)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Whisk sugar, soy sauce, mirin, vinegar, water, and cornstarch together in a bowl.
- Add the sauce to a pan on medium high heat and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat and cook until slightly thickened.
- Serve with your choice of meat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!