Authentic Ground Beef Enchilada Pie
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 corn tortillas (your own or purchased)
- butter or margarine
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 cups about 6 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a wide frying pan over medium-high heat, brown the beef and onions. Add salt, pepper, chili powder and tomato sauce.
- Spread each tortilla with butter.
- In a 2-qt. casserole, alternate layers of buttered tortillas, meat sauce,olives and cheese.
- Mix together the water and the last tomato sauce,pour it over all, cover, and bake in a 400°F oven for 20 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I would like to welcome you to my recipes. I have been with Food.com since 10/05. My beloved husband, Tom, passed away 3 years ago. My world stopped. It's taken me all this time to find my way back to life without him. I have been so blessed to have found my second, once in a lifetime. I've met an amazing man who is so good to me. We moved from Las Vegas, Nevada to Bullhead City, Az. in February, and we love it here. I have worked at Bally's and Paris hotel.casinos, in Las Vegas. I have seen some very famous entertainers, including Liza Minnelli, Penn and Teller, Ray Liotta, Dr. J (Julius Erving), Frank Sinatra and his wife Barbara Marx. and many, many more. Cooking is my passion, and I am slowly, but surely beginning to venture into the world of baking. To me, cooking is so much easier because baking is so much more exact. I love to make Italian and Mexican food the best, followed by Chinese and last, but by far the least, good old American food! How can you beat chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy?? I love to find several recipes and put my own spin on them and create a new recipe.