My husband's favorite soup. It's really very good, and freezes well. Use vegetable stock for a vegetarian version ..
- Ready In:
- 1 idaho potato, chopped
- 6 cups boiling water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 lb asparagus, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Put the water, chicken boullion cubes and potatoes in a large sauscepan, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add asparagus and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Puree the soup in a blender until smooth.
- Return soup to pan, add the basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook until hot.
- Enjoy with sourdough rolls!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Excellent! This recipe is definitely one that I'll be making again! The basil complements the asparagus beautifully. I have an electric oven, so very often I find that I need to have everything cook a few minutes longer. With this recipe, that wasn't the case; it turned out just perfectly! I love garlic, so I added a few extra cloves with the potatoes, then just added the final 2 cloves with the asparagus, as directed. Thanks so much for posting this one -- it's a keeper in my house! :)Reply
see 1 more