Asian Ground Beef and Pepper Saute
- Ready In:
- 1 cup dry jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 large garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a medium saucepan, bring the rice and water to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Cook the ground beef until evenly browned. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in the skillet over medium heat. Stir in the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, parsley, garlic and ginger. Season with red pepper, salt, and pepper. Cook and stir until tender.
- Return the beef to the skillet. Mix in the beef stock, soy sauce, chile paste, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook and stir until thickened and heated through. Serve over the cooked rice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!