Arroz Con Pollo
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 chicken pieces (increase for more people)
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green capsicum, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 3 slices bacon, de-rined and chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric or 1 pinch saffron
- 1 1⁄4 cups long grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup white wine
- chopped parsley or coriander
- Place chicken pieces in shallow dish. Prepare marinade by mixing vinegar, garlic, onion, capsicum, salt, pepper and oregano. Pour over chicken and leave for four hours turning several times.
- In large frypan, heat oil. Remove chicken from marinade and add to pan, browning all over.
- Add bacon and saute till cooked.
- Add marinade and tomatoes, Simmer 15 minutes.
- Add rice, water, wine and turmeric or saffron. Stir gently to mix together.
- Continue cooking till liquid absorbed (about 20 mins).
- Add parsley or coriander.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!