Arizona Skillet Dinner
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 ounce) frozen whole kernel corn, thawed (Del Monte preferred)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans low-sodium tomatoes, with liquid and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package macaroni, uncooked (Ronzoni Whole Wheat pasta)
- 1 (4 ounce) package low-fat monterey jack cheese, shredded
- In a dutch oven, cook the macaroni per the pkg; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on med-high; add the onion, green pepper, garlic, chili powder and cumin.
- Saute 5 min or until tender; then add the kidney beans, corn and tomatoes (with liquid).
- Bring this mixture to a boil, then immediately reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, for 15 minutes.
- Then add this mixture to the cooked and drained macaroni and toss well, to combine.
- Either serve directly from the dutch oven or from a nice serving bowl with the monterey jack cheese sprinkled over it.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!