- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup prepared salsa
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (to garnish) (optional)
- Pound each breast between sheets of plastic wrap to a uniform thickness of about 1/2 inch.
- Spread with mustard.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Stir salsa and lime juice together and add to skillet.
- Simmer gently, uncovered, until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened, about 6-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Not a wow factor for us, but still plenty good and enjoyable. Will definitely make again. I didn't pound my chicken breast, either, and I'm with another post to try it with a different salsa. I highly recommend you use a salsa you know you like that fits your tastes. I reheated the leftovers the next night and it was still good. Easy, too! Thanks for sharing.