Bratwurst-Potato Skillet Dinner
photo by vinstones
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium potatoes, cut in half lengthwise and sliced
- 4 -6 fully cooked bratwursts, cut into bite size pieces (I used Johnsonville)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 yellow pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper (or more)
- In a large heavy skillet heat the oil over medium heat.
- Cook the potatoes until they are lightly browned and crisp-tender, about 20 minutes turning occasionally.
- Add the bratwurst, onion, and red and yellow bell peppers.
- Stirring occasionally, cook until the vegetables are crisp-tender and heated through, 10-15 minutes.
- Combine the teriyaki sauce, orange juice, basil,and pepper in a small bowl.
- Stir the sauce mixture into the brats and vegetables, and heat through, about 5-10 minutes.
- We served this with Stone Ground Mustard on the side for dipping the brats.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really enjoyed this! Johnsonville are our favorite bratwursts too, so I also used them (smoked version). I used homemade teriyaki sauce. I agree with the previous reviewer who stated that the sauce seemed like a glaze, which was perfect for the dish. I served with ketchup and mustard. Thanks for sharing!
see 28 more reviews
We just had this for dinner tonight and it was great! Instead of a red onion I used a Vidalia onion and used a whole red pepper instead of half red and half yellow, but it was still terrific! DH loves bratwursts, but I don't, so I never want to have them, but this receipe satisified us both. DH served it with mustard on the side too! It was flavorful and a pleaser for the meat and potatoes set. I will definitely make it again. Thanks!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was one of the original members of Recipezaar that was truly a community of individuals that enjoyed each other in forums and chat rooms. I've been a member of this site since 2003. Made some tremendous friends that I still think of often. I'll continue coming here because my recipes are here and so many more that I tried over the years as a member. It's just a tad boring now and just another recipe site like all the rest. Sad.