- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1 cup whipped cream (or Cool Whip)
- 1 cup canned peaches in light syrup
- In a medium bowl mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, combine egg yolks and milk and beat well. Stir into dry ingredients. Add the applesauce and stir well.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff. Carefully fold into batter (don't overmix).
- Pour about 2/3 cup batter onto a preheated waffle iron. Close and bake about 3 minutes. These waffles are fairly soft, so if you like them crisper cook about 1 minute more.
- Serve topped with a dollop of whipped cream and a couple of peach slices.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These are so fluffy that they rip apart on the waffle iron! My first waffle acted like glue! It was so hard to pull the waffle iron apart. Crispy & airy, with slight taste (since you're eating a lot of air), but not pretty at all. I put extra veg oil on the non-stick waffle iron for the second waffle and they still stuck like crazy. It totally defeated the attempt to go low fat. <br/><br/>After getting waffle mix stuck in the iron, I decided the recipe was not worth the hassle and threw out half the batter. On to the next recipe.