Apple Salsa With Chicken
This goes great with baked potatoes on the BBQ and a tossed salad, nice light dinner. You can also do the chicken in the oven, for a good summer meal in the winter.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups chopped cored gala apples
- 1 chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 2 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- To prepare salsa: In medium bowl, combine apples, chile pepper, onion, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste; cover and set aside while preparing chicken.
- (If making several hours or day ahead, refrigerate salsa.).
- To prepare chicken: In large bowl, combine white wine, apple juice, lime zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Add chicken and turn to coat with mixture; cover and refrigerate 30 to 40 minutes.
- Heat grill.
- Drain and discard chicken marinade.
- Grill chicken until cooked through; serve with apple salsa.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation