MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I got this recipe out of my DD book "The Sleepover Cookbook" and we make these every time she has someone spend the night. They are so simple to make, but are such a hit with the kids. They are kind of like apple empanadas.
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- milk, for brushing
- cinnamon, for sprinkling
- granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Separate crescent rolls into individual triangles and arrange on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix together the apple, raisins, pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Place teaspoon-size portions of the apple mixture onto the center of each triangle.
- Roll up the dough into a crescent shape.
- Lightly brush the tops of the crescents with milk and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake on the middle rack of the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove sheet from the oven with pot holders and cool on a wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is a quick, easy and tasty treat. It is a nice little fruity snack without all the calories like a piece of pie would have. We convection bake them for 17 minutes and they came out nicely browned and pippin hot on the inside. This would make a great afternoon snack for the kids after school. Make sure you grease the baking sheet like the instructions say.Reply