Apple, Orange, and Yogurt Delight
photo by Caroline Cooks
- Ready In:
- Mix the partially drained Mandarin oranges and the chunked apple together. Here is where you can add half a banana too. If you like more juice, spoon some of the reserved juice into the mixture to make sure the apple is coated. This acid stops the apple from turning brown overnight.
- Divide the fruit mixture into 2 containers.
- Top each container with 1/2 cup of vanilla yogurt (or you can use plain yogurt with a bit of vanilla extract stirred in for less sugar)
- If you are going to enjoy this the next day, cover at this step and put in the fridge.
- Top one container with 1/4 cup wheat germ and 1 teaspoon of honey before enjoying!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have a great career and I cook for therapy on my off days. I am married and have 3 furbabies. My husband and I are trying to eat healthier, but food has to taste good!! I have taken many of our favorite recipes and tweaked them for a healthier lifestyle. I like to do a big cooking on the weekend and stock our freezer, but I also love the quick and healthy recipes that I can throw together in a flash. </p>