Apple Mini Bundt Cakes
- Ready In:
12 mini Bundts
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored and grated
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly oil and flour the cake molds of a mini Bundt cake pan. In a medium sized mixing bowl, hand-mix the grated apples, 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon; set aside. In another bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt together; set aside.
- In a larger bowl, combine 2 cups sugar, oil, orange juice, vanilla and eggs. Beat at a higher speed until contents are a smooth consistency. Stir in the flour mixture. If using chopped walnuts, fold them into the mixture during this step.
- Stir the grated apples into the batter mixture. Pour the batter into each mini Bundt cake mold until full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes, or until the cake provides slight resistance when lightly touched. Let cakes cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove onto a wire rack until completely cool. Sprinkle tops of mini Bundt cakes with confectioners' sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I grew up here... <img src="http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa107/chilicat-zaar/156807760503_0_BG.jpg"> and ended up here. <img src="http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa107/chilicat-zaar/Mt-Lemmon.jpg"> Both places are beautiful in their own way, although Arizona is where I learned that the little marshmallows in the Lucky Charms box are actually supposed to be crisp and crunchy, not gummy and all stuck together. What a revelation! <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/Zaar%20World%20Tour%203/ZWT3-Participation.gif"> <img src="http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa107/chilicat-zaar/Vixens.jpg" border="0" alt="The Mixin Vixens"> <img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b158/bella_donata/My%20Art/Recipezaar/RedWhiteBlue.jpg" border="0" alt="Made by Bella14ragazza"> <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1535/CLC1.gif"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PAC08Main.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">