Apple Cake With Frosting
photo by Frances L.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
1 nine x thirteen inch pan (depends on serving size)
- 1 (16 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- CAKE: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine apple pie filling, sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs; mix well.
- Add flour mixture; mix well.
- Turn batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- FROSTING: Combine cream cheese and butter; cream well.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Frost top of cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Lovely cake, did raise up high too. I made a few minor alterations. I used 1 3/4 cups sugar instead and my oven is very accurate and this was done in 35 minutes. I used one tsp. of cinnamon and one of apple pie spice and I didn't use frosting, I used a shaker mixed with powdered sugar and cinnamon and sprinkled over the top. I will make this again. Thank you!