Apple & Almond Teacake
This is not a rich or heavy cake. It is a simple cake that is great served with tea or coffee - either cold or warm, with cream if desired. Eat within 2 days. Australian measurements used. (Aust. Women's Weekly)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 125 g butter (room temperature)
- 2⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 apple, peeled & grated
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 180 Deg C (350 Deg F or Gas Mark 4). Grease then line a 20cm deep round cake pan with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer cream butter and sugar in a small bowl, until pale in colour and light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in half of the milk and half of the sifted flours. Then stir in the remaining milk and flour.
- Spread into prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with the apple then top with the almonds.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes then carefully turn onto a wire rack to cool.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a super tasty recipe! While eating it I was thinking what else could be put on top besides apples. Pineapple came to mind. :) I did double the recipe for a 9x13 cake pan and it took me a bit to figure out what 125 g of butter amounted to. The only thing I added was cinnamon sugar sprinkled on the top. Made for the July NZ/Aussie recipe swap.Reply