Another Beef Slow Cooker Pot Roast -- Hubby & Kids Favorite
photo by petlover
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 20mins
- 3 lbs chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons extra light olive oil
- 8 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 8 celery ribs, cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled and sliced thick
- 12 small potatoes, peeled
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
- salt and pepper
- 1. Salt and Pepper ( lightly) meat and brown in olive oil on both sides-then set aside.
- 2. Put half of the carrots, onion, celery and potatoes into the crock pot.
- 3. Place meat over.
- 4.Put the other half of the veggies/potatoes on top of the meat.
- 5. Mix together the beef broth, brown sugar, ketchup, worcestershire sauce, and seasoned salt. Pour Mix over the meat/veggies.
- 6. Cook on High setting for first hour then turn down to low and cook for another 7 hours ( more or less). test seasonings before serving and add additional salt and pepper if neccessary.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello fellow cooks-I am on OBGYN doctor and I am new to this website. . I love RecipeZaar since there are so many, easy, delicious, tested recipes. Between myself and my boyfriend, we have 5 children so there is always someone hungry-the family is so happy about the new, freshly cooked foods that have been gracing our table as of late. Gardening- here in south florida we have lots of tropical fruit trees - is another hobby that I enjoy. We love scuba diving too. Recently, I did a tandem parachute jump.