Amy's Chicken Curry
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Best friends chicken curry recipe.
- Ready In:
- 25hrs 10mins
- 3 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 lemongrass, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 inches ginger
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 ounces Thai red curry paste
- 1 sweet potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 potato, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 carrots, cut into bite size pieces
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 24 ounces coconut milk
- 18 ounces water
- Place all ingredients except potatoes and carrots in a bowl or ziplock bag. Marrinate overnight for best results.
- peal and cut potatoes into 1" cubes, rub with 1 - 2 tbsp olive oil (light coat) and place on a cookie sheet in a 400F oven until they brown all sides.
- put 2-3 tbsp olive oil in dutch oven and cook chicken for 5 minutes.
- Put lid on pot and cook on low heat for 15 minutes.
- add coconut milk, water and potatoes into pot with no lid and cook for 20 - 25 minutes.
- add salt, pepper, and fish sauce to taste.
- Add carrots and shallots cook for 10 min.
- Service with bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION