photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 20mins
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 1 green pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (add more as desired)
- 1 can campbell tomato soup (roasted red pepper or basil)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 (28 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley (optional) or 1/4 cup cilantro, added just before serving (optional)
- Brown ground beef with onion and garlic till meat no longer pink, then drain off fat.
- Add celery, green pepper and spices, saute till vegetables are heated through.
- Combine all ingredients in a crock pot or large stock pot.
- Simmer on very low heat for 8-12 hours, stir every 1-2 hours.
- Serve with a crisp salad and cornbread or crusty rolls.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was indeed a very tasty chili, i made it the night before I used it, and then simmered it again for a few hours the next day prior to supper. Thick and satisfying, I was afraid it might be a little spicy for my youngsters, but in fact it was not overly spicy at all and it was enjoyed by all who ate it. I served it with Recipe # 51721 (on Imperas recommendation, thanks Impera!) and rice. We actually had mac'n'cheese as well, for non-chilli eaters, they go together really well, we discovered!