Amazing Bread Stuffing
This recipe has been passed down in my family for generations. It's absolutely uncomparable to any other stuffing I've ever had. It's a family favorite!
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter
- 3⁄4 cup minced onion
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bread (cubed)
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup minced parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Melt butter in deep kettle.
- Add onions and celery, simmer until slightly soft.
- Add rest of ingredients to the kettle and toss with forks until bread cubes are well coated.
- Transfer to a covered baking dish and bake for 30 minutes at 325 degrees(possibly longer for a crispier affect).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this for Easter dinner. It is similar to my favorite recipe, except mine has more onion and celery. . I like it when they don't have chicken broth in them. Next time I will make it in the crock pot (since I like the way it melds together). Thanks for posting your family favorite, Twinkle. RoxygirlReply
This was very good. I did tweak it slightly by reducing the butter to one cup and adding 1/4 cup chicken broth (not boullion). I used both white bread and sunflower seed bread which gave a bit more texture. It was a touch salty for our tastes so next time 1/2 teaspoon salt will suffice. I served this with Recipe #28518. Shredded the left over chicken and mixed it, along with the gravy, then added it to the leftover stuffing and that turned out to be a five star leftover! Thanks Twinkle.Reply