Almost Cherry Garcia Cookies
photo by Nic2371
- Ready In:
- 1 cup dried sour cherries
- 1⁄3 cup cherry brandy
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Plump the dried cherries by soaking them in boiling water to cover for a couple of minutes.
- Drain well and toss with cherry brandy.
- Let the cherries sit in the brandy for a couple of hours, or even overnight for the best flavor, then drain before using.
- Cream the butter with both sugars.
- Blend in the egg, vanilla and almond extracts.
- Fold in the salt, baking soda and flour.
- Fold in the cherries, white and dark chocolate and, if using, the macadamia nuts.
- Batter should be soft.
- Drop in generous tablespoons onto the baking sheets, leaving space between dollops of batter.
- Bake until lightly browned around the edges, 12-14 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!