Almond/Mixed Berry Muffins W/Flax Seed
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole grain wheat flour or 2 1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup blueberries
- 2⁄3 cup raspberries
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, flaxseed and salt.
- Add the berries and stir to coat.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, eggs, sugar, oil and almond extract.
- With a fork, beat until smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture into the berry mixture and gently mix with a fork to moisten the dry ingredients (Don't overmix - a few lumps in the batter are normal).
- Dollop the batter into the prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let stand for 5 minutes on a rack before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!