More Italian goodies. Passive cook time is per cookie sheet. This makes a massive batch since they are normally made for weddings and other large events so you may want to make half a batch at a time as I do.
- Ready In:
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 8 ounces orange juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup icing sugar
- 160 whole almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease cookie sheets (I use canola oil to do this).
- Mix eggs, sugar, oil, orange juice, and almond extract in a bowl.
- Mix ground almonds, baking powder, and flour in a separate bowl and add to liquid ingredients.
- Stir until blended.
- Form into measuring teaspoon size balls.
- Roll balls in icing sugar.
- The dough is pretty sticky so you may want to grease your hands with a bit of oil to make your life easier.
- Press one whole almond into middle of each cookie.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These are a lovely almond cookie that would make up nicely for holiday trays or cookie exchanges. I followed your directions about halving the recipe. Also, I opted not to include an almond only because of family's preference. (not mine). I used 3 cups of flour after reading the other reviews about having to add a bit more. Perfect!! Lovely, Lovely taste. Made for Adopt-a-Tag, Sept. 08Reply
I had the same experience as puppitypup and added an additional 1/3 cup flour. It wasn't enough and these turned out to be too much work for my baking preferences. However, the flavor is quite yummy and perhaps if the right flour ratio could be found they'd be keepers. Thanks for the healthy treat option!Reply
These cookies are delicious. I love the orange and almond flavors together. The only problem I had was that the dough was more like cake batter than cookie dough. I tried greasing my hands, but it still didn't work. I ended up mixing in more flour which made them much easier to work with. The cookies also held together well for packing to take to a party. Thank you for a definite keeper!Reply
see 1 more