- Beat egg whites until very stiff.
- Gradually add sugar and beat until of meringue consistency.
- Fold in flour and whole almonds.
- Put in lightly greased, lined loaf tin.
- Bake in a 325 degrees oven for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Leave in tin until completely cold.
- Take out of tin and wrap in foil and store in refrigerator for one or two days.
- With a very sharp knife cut loaf into wafer thin slices.
- Place on cookie sheets and put in slow oven (250 degrees) for about 45 minutes, until dried out. Cool and store in airtight container.
- Will keep for 3 or 4 months.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation