All American Apple Pie
This came from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large Red Delicious apples, cored, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (15 ounce) package folded refrigerated pie crusts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour,cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well, add the apples and toss to coat completely.
- Line a 9" pie plate with pie crust.
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie plate.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and vanilla and pour over the apples.
- Cover the apples with the pie crust, pressing against the pie plate to seal, and flute, if desired.
- Spray the crust with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the apples are tender.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION