Smooth & Creamy Macaroni and Cheese
this came from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking
- Ready In:
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated low-fat milk
- 6 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees, coat an 8 inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray,
- cook the macaroni according to the package directions, omitting the salt; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt the butter over high heat; add the flour, salt, and pepper,
- slowly whisk in the evaporated milk and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes, or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the macaroni and the cheese; mix well,
- then pour into the baking dish,
- bake for 20-22 minutes, or until bubbly and heated through.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation