- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (4 ounce) halibut steaks
- Combine salt, black pepper, red pepper, paprika, and garlic powder, in a small bowl; mix well and rub evenly over both sides of the fish.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add the fish, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
Join The Conversation
This was a great rub! Our halibut was excellent and paired nicely to our salad. thanks for sharing, will absolutley use again! Later note: we do find this spicy! so, we can either cut down on the pepper, or just put less on each portion. We had haddock fillets tonight and then put it in a wrap with avocado, lettuce, toms, pickles and a little tartar...YUM!!
This is a great spice mixture.<br/>My husband is a commercial halibut fisherman and we've tried thousands of different recipes. This one is great for a simple meal. I didn't heap the spice on, maybe the person who claimed it was overpowering made this mistake since I don't think it was overpowering at all.<br/>Thanks!