Ahi Tuna Marinade
photo by AcadiaTwo
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 5mins
4 4 ounce pieces
- Combine 1 cup of Teriyaki Sauce with 3 minced garlic cloves to create marinade.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of Teriyaki sauce and 1 garlic clove. Refrigerate.
- Place tuna in a shallow dish and poor marinade over fish.
- Marinade for 2-3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Throw out marinade.
- Saute remaining minced garlic clove until tender in 1 TBSP of olive oil.
- Remove from pan.
- Sear tuna on in same frying pan for 1-2 minutes per side.
- While tuna is cooking place "reserved" sauteed garlic & teriyaki sauce over tuna.
- Remove from heat and serve with Teriyaki & Garlic on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I marinated our tuna steaks, then made on the grill. Tender and full pink in the middle, there is no other way to make it! The sauce and garlic were a great marinade and one I will use again. I may play around with it a bit and try a few things, but this is basically a good starting point for this marinade!