4-H Sloppy Joes
photo by Mamas Kitchen Hope
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄8 cup dried onion flakes
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 cup mustard
- 1⁄8 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 10 hamburger buns
- Brown ground beef and onions in a large skillet, stir in flour until well blended.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered 30 minutes.
- Spoon mixture onto hamburger buns.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
GREAT! I made these for my Hubby who had been requesting Sloppy Joe's for awhile. This recipe appealed to me because the only thing I had to buy was the ground beef. It turned out wonderful with a nice zesty flavor. The only change I made was to sprinkle garlic salt, garlic powder and black pepper on the ground beef. Made for the Zaar Stars tag game.
see 1 more reviews