1970's Style Gluten Bread (Low Carb)
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (100 F)
- 1 teaspoon sugar (which will be consumed by the yeast)
- 3 1⁄2 cups vital wheat gluten flour
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Splenda sugar substitute
- Measure water and sugar into mixing bowl. Add yeast and stir to dissolve.
- Combine gluten, soy flour, oat flour, wheat germ, Splenda and salt. Add dry ingredients to yeast mixture and beat until smooth.
- Turn dough onto floured board and knead thoroughly for 12-15 minutes. Shape into 2 loaves.
- Place in buttered bread pans. Cover with clean dish towel or parchment paper; set in warm, draft-free place, and allow dough to rise until doubled (just 1 rising — do not 'punch down'!) - about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for 45 minutes. Remove from pans and cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!