1950's Kidney Bean Salad
- Ready In:
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed well
- 6 -8 hard-boiled eggs, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, diced small
- 8 -10 sweet pickles, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- Beat 2 eggs, set aside.
- In saucepan, blend sugar,flour, then add vinegar and egg mixture. Bring to a boil. Stirring constantly(to avoid scrambled eggs) over medium-low heat. Boil long enough to become thick.
- Let dressing cool, slightly.
- Add about half of the can of evaporated milk to dressing and mix well. ( personally use only 1/2 of the can).
- Pour over bean mixture. Mix well Refrigerate 1-3 hours. Longer the better.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Retired and live in Illinois. Enjoy cooking and trying new recipes.