15th Century Soup of Eggs, Cheese, and Milk
- Ready In:
- 6 eggs, hard boiled (yolks mashed and whites minced)
- 3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups gruyere cheese, cut into very small pieces
- Blend together the egg yolks.
- Mix in all other ingredients except egg whites and cheese.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until thick.
- Add the egg whites and cheese.
- Cook and stir until the cheese is completely melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!