- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 cups flour (all purpose)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon lemon flavoring
- Cream butter, adding sugar gradually, beat in eggs one by one.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to first mixture alternately with milk and flavouring.
- Bake in greased loaf pan or 9" round or square pan.
- Bake one hour or until a toothpick comes out dry when inserted into centre of cake. Bake in 350 degree oven.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow wow great recipe i used it to make cop cakes they are in the oven right now i can't wait. They look like gold and very Delicious Too ??. I had to stop typing this comment to take them out of the oven. And they turned out pretty good but I didn't taste them yet. ?? Hope they taste as good as they look ?? Maybe I baked them too long, is that why they look like gold? ??
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Love to cook....love to eat....