Raspberry Jam Cake
I tried to duplicate a birthday cake I tasted at a party, I came pretty dang close! This is an easy and elegant cake. Now I make it for the holiday dessert buffet. It's so beautiful.
- Ready In:
- 18 1⁄4 ounces moist supreme white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (1 ounce) package french instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling
- 1⁄3 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 16 ounces vanilla frosting, Creamy Supreme
- 1⁄2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- Prepare Cake mix according to package directions using 1 cup water, 1/4 cup oil, 3 eggs and 1 pkg (4-serving size) Jell-o French Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling.
- Place one baked layer on plate.
- Spread 1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam to within 1 inch of edge.
- Top with second layer.
- Spread 1 can Creamy Supreme Vanilla Frosting over sides of cake, bringing frosting just over top edge.
- Top with 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam; spread evenly.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I had no idea such a simple addition to a prepackaged mix could make such a huge difference! This was delicious! I made it for a friend's birthday back in October (see picture) and forgot to review it. As I write this, I have another one in the oven - this time I used classic yellow moist supreme with vanilla pudding and am planning to frost with chocolate icing. I'm definitely looking forward to eating it! Thanks for a great recipe!