raw beets, peeled and quartered
horseradish root, peeled and sliced into 1 inch pieces
vinegar, 5 percent acidity
bottled cold water
( we don't want any chlorine in here)
- Over medium flame heat vinegar, salt and sugar just to dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from heat and add cold water.
- In a food processor with metal blade add horseradish and beets.
- Add vinegar mixture to help process.
- If you need to add more vinegar so that the horseradish and beets are well chopped and blended into a fine mixture.
- Jar and store horseradish in clean glass jars with a tight fitting lids in the refrigerator.
- The more you open the jars the weaker it becomes.