nonstick cooking spray
( or cooking oil)
2 cloves garlic, minced or 1/4 teaspoon
1 medium sweet red peppers or 1 medium yellow sweet peppers or 1 medium
green sweet pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
2 -4 tablespoons
dried marjoram, crushed
- Wash broccoli; remove flowerets from stems.
- Thinly slice the stems into rounds (you should have about 1 1/2 cups).
- Cut the flowerets into smaller flowerets, if needed (you should have about 2 1/2 cups).
- Set stems and flowerets aside.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray (or, you can use cooking oil).
- Heat over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook and stir for 15 seconds.
- Add broccoli stems and flowerets, sweet pepper, water, marjoram (oregano), salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until the vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Makes four servings.