onion, thinly sliced
Mature cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Place the macaroni in a saucepan of boiling salted water.
- Stir and return to boil for 15 mins or just tender, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together the onions, tomato, tomato puree and 2/3 of the cheese
- In a large baking dish layer the macaroni then the tomato mixture ending with the tomato layer (season well between layers).
- Sprinkle on the remaining cheese and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins or until the cheese is golden and bubbling.