For the base
soft dark brown sugar
smooth peanut butter
For the topping
( not white chocolate bits)
- Place all the ingredients for the base in the bowl of a food processor. Blend the mixture until the mixture takes on a sandy texture.
- Place 12 cupcake liners into a muffin tin. Using a medium ice cream or cookie scoop place 1 scoop of the base mixture into each cupcake liner. Press the mixture down to form an even layer at the bottom of each mini cupcake liner.
- Melt the chocolate over a double-boiler. Using your scoop, top each peanut butter filled cupcake liner with 1 scoop of chocolate. Smooth the tops of the Peanut Butter Cups with the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Note: To make this quicker, melt the white chocolate in the microwave. Microwave on 30% power for 2 minutes, remove and stir. Continue microwaving on 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Do not overheat or the white chocolate will stiffen.