1 (4 1/3 ounce) packages
lipton chicken noodles and sauce
whole chicken bouillon cube, soup base
1 (1 ounce) packet
ramen noodle seasoning
( I used mushroom)
dried onion flakes
imitation crabmeat, leg sliced into rounds
red French dressing
( for sourness)
1 -2 tablespoon
of your favorite sweet and sour sauce
( for sweetness)
( for tangyness)
5 -10 dashes
of tabasco hot pepper sauce
( for heat)
4 -5 tablespoons
- Bring water to a rumbling boil in a saucepan.
- Stir in package of chicken noodles, soup base cube, Ramen seasoning packet, pepper, and dehydrated onion.
- When seasonings are dissolved and noodles are tender but not too soft, beat egg whites and yolk with a whisk. Slowly add beaten eggs by swirling them into the broth with your whisk. It should take the whisk 4 or 5 trips to get them all inches.
- When eggs are done, mix cornstarch and water. Slowly add cornstarch mixture while stirring to thicken soup. (Make sure there’s enough water so you don’t create a batter. You don’t want lumps or dumplings forming.).
- Add ginger, red French dressing, sweet and sour sauce, ketchup, and hot pepper sauce sauce to taste, stir well.
- Add carrot and crab meat. (I used cooked, leftover carrots. If you only have fresh carrots, cut them and then microwave until tender with a bit of water in a glass dish covered with plastic wrap.).
- Reduce heat to medium and cook a few minutes, until heated through.