extra virgin olive oil
red wine vinegar
fresh lemon juice
1/4 lb mesclun or 1/4 lb
fresh ground black pepper
parmigiano-reggiano cheese, freshly grated
prosciutto, very thin
- In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard.
- Put the mesclun or arugula in a medium bowl and season with generous pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the Parmigiano to the greens and gently toss with just enough of the vinaigrette to coat the greens lightly.
- Taste for salt and pepper.
- Set a slice of prosciutto on a work surface and put a small handful of greens at the narrow end of the meat.
- Squeeze the greens together and roll the prosciutto into a tight log.
- Cut the log into 2 inch pieces on the diagonal (two or three pieces depending on the width of the prosciutto).
- Repeat with the remaining prosciutto and greens and serve.