1/3 Photos of Zwetschenkuchen - Plum Cake
1 hr 30 mins
A delicious substitution for the plums would be apricots. From the Pennsylvania Dutch chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup water
- 1Sift dry ingredients for cake together.
- 2Cut in butter and well mixed, make a well in the center; add egg yolks and water and mix well.
- 3Turn out on a well-floured board and knead for a few minutes.
- 4Place in refrigerator to chill for one hour before using.
- 5Wen cold, roll dough into a thin sheet and cover bottom of 13 x 9 inch cake pan.
- 6Sprinkle with bread crumbs and dot generously with butter.
- 7Mix the egg yolks, sugar and cream together; reserve.
- 8Wash plums, cut into halves and remove stones.
- 9Arrange fruit in rows on top of the bread crumbs.
- 10Sprinkle with 1 cup of sugar; pour cream mixture over the top.
- 11Bake in 350F oven for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Zwetschenkuchen - Plum Cake
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.2
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 85.2 mg
- Sodium 206.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 3.6 g