Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Thick, Creamy Italian Chickpea Soup
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 2 1⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 3 1⁄2 ounces risotto rice (or ditalini)
- Line a pan with olive oil and add the onion, celery, garlic and rosemary. Cook on low until ingredients are color-less, about 20 minutes.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Add chickpeas and stock to the pan. Cook for half an hour on med-low. Remove half of the chickpeas from the pan and set aside.
- Puree the remaining soup to desired consistency and return to pan. Add back the reserved whole chickpeas and rice or pasta. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Simmer until chickpeas are soft and riso is cooked.
- Note: If too think for liking, add water. Serve with olive oil and grated cheese.
Very low-cal and low-fat AND delicious! Made half the recipe and followed all directions. So easy too. Thanks for posting leeners82. Made for Healthy Choices Tag.