Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is so tasty a great side with any eat dish.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 4 medium zucchini
- 8 medium yellow squash
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 (8 ounce) packages monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 4 -5 chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- Cook zucchini and squash separately in a small amount of water until fork tender, drain.
- Mix together the sour cream, chives, scallions, parsley, and garlic in a small bowl.
- Layer the ingredients in the casserole dish in the following order lightly salting the vegetable layers: rice, yellow squash, tomatoes, cheese, zucchini, sour cream mixture.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.