Recipe by threeovens
A simple sauté of zucchini that pairs nicely with fresh fish or perhaps baked chicken. The recipe calls for fresh herbs, but dried will work very nicely too or even a combination; just use 1/3 to 1/2 of the fresh amounts.
Top Review by Linky
What a wonderful zucchini recipe! There was nothing to drain after browning the zucchini. But I removed it from the pan and sauteed the garlic in the melted butter before putting the zuc back in. DH loved it, too. Thanks, 3! made for CQ2015 - LBOB
- 1 lb zucchini
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the zucchini and pat dry. Trim off ends and slice zucchini into 1/8 inch thick slices without peeling. There will be about 6 cups.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high to high heat. Cook zucchini while shaking and stirring the skillet. Turn the zucchini occasionally with a spatula. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook about 5 to 7 minutes. Drain in a sieve.
- Add butter to the skillet until melted. Return zucchini. Sprinkle with garlic and herbs. Check for salt. Toss and serve.