ZUCCHINI COBBLER TASTES LIKE APPLE PIE
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 8 cups zucchini
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 box yellow cake mix (Jiffy) or 1 box white cake mix (Jiffy)
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- PEEL AND CUT ZUCCHINI LENGTHWISE, STRIP OUT SEEDS, CUT IN 1/2" SLICES, COOK IN BOILING WATER UNTIL TENDER.
- DRAIN, COOL IN COLD WATER FOR 5 MINUTES.
- DRAIN, ADD SUGAR, FLOUR, SALT, CINNAMON, CREAM OF TARTER AND LEMON JUICE.
- STIR WELL.
- ADD PINEAPPLE AND JUICE.
- MIX WELL.
- DO NOT BEAT.
- POUR INTO A GREASED BAKING DISH (13X9" pan).
- SPREAD DRY CAKE MIX OVER TOP.
- DRIZZLE BUTTER OVER CAKE MIX.
- SPRINKLE NUTS ON TOP.
- BAKE AT 350F degrees FOR 60 MINUTES.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is the second time I've reviewed this dish - my family and friends cannot get enough of it! I find the best way for us to enjoy this all year round is to divide the portions into 3 throw away loaf pans covered with foil and then freeze them for later. The loaf pan size is perfect for us and the dessert taste just as fresh as it did in the summer months. This is one of my go to recipe for zucchini and as a cobbler it has fooled everyone whose tasted it - even those who hate zucchini! Great recipe!3Reply
I made this Zucchini Cobbler recipe yesterday and it is soooo delicious. Taste just like apple pie as noted. So if you have any large zucchini or any Zucchini this is the way to go. My husband loved it and taking some to my kids today so they can try it. My daughter uses this sight and now I will be trying a lot more. For reference I only used 1/2 cup of the butter and that was plenty. You must try this recipe.3Reply
see 130 more