Recipe by Chopin Liszt
This is a basic recipe for zucchini. Zucchini, because it is so abundant in summer, produces lots of recipes for "how to get rid of it". This one is for enjoying it for its own sake. The amounts for each ingredient are very flexible. Use your own judgement. It's hard to go wrong. Gardeners can avoid a glut of zucchini by harvesting it at its best, about the time the blossom drops from the fruit.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small zucchini
- 1⁄2 medium onion
- 1 medium tomatoes
- fresh basil or dried basil, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the zucchini in bite size pieces.
- Chop the onion.
- Dice the tomato.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet.
- Saute the zucchini and onion until tender and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until the juices thicken a little, about 5 or 10 minutes.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.