Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a basic recipe for zucchini. Zucchini, because it is so abundant in summer, produces lots of recipes for "how to get rid of it". This one is for enjoying it for its own sake. The amounts for each ingredient are very flexible. Use your own judgement. It's hard to go wrong. Gardeners can avoid a glut of zucchini by harvesting it at its best, about the time the blossom drops from the fruit.
- Cut the zucchini in bite size pieces.
- Chop the onion.
- Dice the tomato.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet.
- Saute the zucchini and onion until tender and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook until the juices thicken a little, about 5 or 10 minutes.
- Serve with grated parmesan cheese.
We really enjoyed your recipe. I am not a zucchini fan but loved this recipe and will make it again.
I could eat this every day! Delicious. I was about to post when I found yours. Mom makes this and throws in a long hot pepper in big chunks. I don't use cheese. This is great also when mixed in with tubetinni pasta, to make a soup. We love it.
Those prolific zucchinis!! Great way to use them. I made these a day before I served them. Just nuked them for a while and they were as good as new and I had lots of time to drink and socialize with my guests. I used sage instead of basil as I have a ton of sage in the yard!! Thank Jimster.