This is a perfect summer salad with fresh tomatoes and tarragon. This is a simple salad of zucchini, tomatoes, onion and tarragon with a white wine vinaigrette. You can use a sweet onion instead of red.
- 2 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, then cut into pieces
- 3 small tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- Combine zucchini, tomatoes, onion and tarragon in a bowl and mix.
- Combine remaining ingredients and whisk to blend, then toss with the vegetable mixture to coat.
This was a quick addition to our dinner tonight. We used yellow squash in lieu of the zucchini and otherwise made as directed using sweet yellow onions as well. the flavor of the tarragon and white wine is very good in this salad. Very light and refreshing, thanks for posting.