Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is a quick, flavorful side dish that is sure to please. I like to cook this in the summer when fresh zucchini and summer (yellow) squash are abundant. If you would like a stronger onion flavor, substitute 1/2 cup of sliced onions for the scallions--or use both!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, sliced thin
- 1 small zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 small summer squash, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Sauté garlic and scallion until garlic is tender but not browned.
- Loosely scatter zucchini and summer squash into skillet. Stir in basil, pepper and salt and cover skillet.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally until zucchini/squash slices are tender.